In this post you’ll learn how to create a smashing recital program from pro graphic designer, Andrea West. Plus, you’ll learn how you can amplify and use her graphics purchased at the Piano Teacher Planning Center to make stunning student gifts and to market your studio.
When’s your recital?
This week I’m starting a countdown. It’s 39 days until mine on May 19th.
Perhaps your recital check list looks a little like mine?
- Venue: Neighborhood clubhouse. Whoa, did mine change this spring–more on that later!
- Repertoire: Students will perform their original compositions and duets.
- Well-rehearsed students: They will be equipped to perform with the Five P’s of Performing: Get your free download on these essentials for young performers here.
- Food for afterwards: In the spring I like to prepare items that students can grab and go as my recital will be informal and students can come when they can and come as they are: (Like I said, more on that later!)
- Student gifts: Keep reading for some terrific ideas, I think I’ve decided on t-shirts.
- Program with a cool cover: If you need cover art for your program, Andrea West has created lovely options for you. Thanks to those who have already gotten theirs!
Once you purchase one of Andrea’s graphics, you’ll need to download the graphic and transfer it onto a document to create the program. For those who are uncertain about how to do this, I’ve got great news! Andrea has generously spared time from her busy schedule and agreed to share a step-by-step process on how to create a program in Word.
Don’t use Word for generating documents? Neither do I BUT, you’ll want to watch the video any way as this pro graphic designer has dynamite tips on how to organize and format your recital information so you can spare precious time when it’s the week of the recital. Plus many of the tips she shows are similar to what you’d use in Pages or Google Docs.
On more thing, save on ink and spare yourself from printer frustrations by joining MTNA and taking advantage of their member benefits card. Show up with your “magic card” and you’ll get close to 60% your printing costs! Learn more here.
Learn now to create your recital program in Word
Andrea guides you step by step with clear, succinct instructions. You DON’T want to miss a thing. Her tips on design, fonts, formatting are golden. Watch the video below (or click here) and download her instructions as well, so you have plenty of guidance as you create your own document. Read More