Colorado Composes aims to
- Educate and encourage teachers and students to be more confident in the creation of music through composition.
- Offer on-line instructional tools to enhance the learning process for music composition.
- Connect teachers and students to each other by creating a supportive community that fosters relationships using our Colorado Composes Newsletter, our website blog page(Composer Conversations) and Noteflight, a powerful and user friendly on-line music notation system. Noteflight is more than just a music notation system. Noteflight connects students, teachers and mentors together to allow for creative comments and the establishment of a social network of creative minds.
- Stimulate the creative process through the use of monthly themes, composer/mentor tutorials, and participation awards.
- Offer opportunities to work directly with modern-day composers.
- Provide video instruction in musical composition.
- Increase the number of participants in the area of music composition through this project.
Partnering with Noteflight and renowned music composer-educators Colorado Composes with Friends takes teachers and students into a community where they are nurtured through the composition process.