What you’ll need
- CD-ROMs. As many as you can find.
- Old sheet music. Never say “no” to anyone who wants to give their old books to you. The yellowed paper is perfect for all kinds of crafts including this one.
- Mod Podge. Get the bigger container, I had to run back to Hobby Lobby for another.
- Sponge brushes
- Ribbon. Figure about 15 ft of ribbon for every 10 ornaments.
- Stickers if you like. In keeping with the neutral theme, I choose gold and silver stars, notes and music signs.
- Gems. These definitely add some bling!
- Glitter. Again, I just chose silver and gold in the large glitter so that it was easy to sweep up. Watch out, kids seem to get carried away with the glitter!
- On the back side, add a greeting of your choice.
- Turn over and cover the front side with a thin layer of Mod Podge.
- Cover the front with torn up sheet music. No worries, if it sticks over the edge. Trim the edges with a scissors when the ornaments are dry.
- Add stickers. Remember to add stickers sparingly to make room for other decor like glitter and gems.
- Mod Podge over this layer by dabbing it on with the brush.
- Add glitter and gems.
- Mod Podge over this layer by dabbing the brush.
- Let dry.
- Trim edges with scissors.
- Add ribbon.
Take a peek at the slide show below to see what each stage looks like.